Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday T-shirt and a Picnic

A month of so ago I was asked to make a birthday shirt for a friends daughter. I was honored. I've given a few shirts away for gifts but this was different - she came to me and asked if I would make a 3rd birthday shirt to wear at her party.

I have to admit making a shirt for a little girl was awesome! I got to use pink and purple paint and....wait for it....
Glitter!

Man I love glitter.

Anyways, she loved the shirt as did I. Ryan even complimented me on it - he said it's the best one so far.

I basically started freezer papering my own shirts (well Oliver's shirts and Ryan's apron ) because there really isn't a wide variety of boys clothes. And honestly what they do have is kind of lame. I wanted him to have something of his own not what every little boy (and there are a lot of them) in the neighborhood has. 

Anyways here is Brooke's birthday shirt.


She loves horses. And what's better than a purple, sparkly horse?! Nothing. Duh.
We've had rain for the last few days so its been pretty gloomy. Don't get me wrong - we need rain. Just ask my flowers.

I have to admit, I'm a bad flower mother. Don't tell my grandma but I always forget to water them. So thankfully this week the rain helped me out.

Today was Ryan's work picnic and whaddayaknow?! No rain. It was beautiful today! We had it at the park just down the street from our house. I love this area there are so many things to do around here, I'd like to live here forever.

Anyways, back to the work picnic. We had an awesome time. Oliver was the hit of the party and even though he didn't nap prior he was still on his best behavior. No tantrums the entire day! And in my book that equals = AMAZING.

We didn't do much, there was a playground close by and the shelter was next to the water. Some ducks came over to party with us. Oliver thought they were cats and kept meowing or "owing" as he says. At them.

All in all it was a great, semi relaxing day.






Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

1 comment :

  1. She loves her shirt!!! And I cant wait for you to make more ;) Just start designing!!
    O she asks me all the time if we can go back to the shirt ladies house...lol

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...