Friday, July 22, 2011

Irrational Momma Fears

We all have them.

I'm sure Dads have them too, but I'm not a dad --so I don't know.

The minute I found out I was pregnant with Oliver I went into panic mode. I started thinking about all the things I did before I saw the two pink lines.
I had a few glasses of wine.
Watched a loud band play in a smokey bar
Ate Sushi
Ate lunch meat
Cleaned the cat litter
Sprayed around my house with bug spray
Ate more sushi
Drank a lot of coffee
Colored my hair

You get the picture. I started to freak out, when I saw my doctor for the first time I went over my list with him. First of all, he is awesome. And secondly he calmed my fears. All of them
"No, your baby will not come out with mercury poisoning from eating too much sushi." "No, when you have to go number two, you will not push the baby out -- you may give yourself some hemorrhoids but the baby will be fine"

True Story!

These were the things we discussed. I was neurotic.

It hasn't changed much this time around. Now, I am a little more knowledgeable on the whole 'being pregnant thing' but I'm still a little neurotic. Especially with a monster of a toddler using me as a human jungle gym most days.
Is the baby moving enough?
Did I take my prenatal today?
Am I getting enough sleep?
Oliver just kicked me in the stomach is the baby okay?

The wonder and the worry never seems to end. I think its part of the territory --Its inevitable your belly will grow and so will your fear of everything. And it doesn't get easier, because now I worry about the one on the outside and the one on the inside.
source

No comments :

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...