Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday is.....Garbage Day and A Walk Around the Neighborhood

Oliver loves garbage day. It may just be his favorite day of the week.

Nothing special happens but the garbage truck drives by (in reverse - that's the way they roll) and then stops at our house.

We have some nice men who pick up our trash. I appreciate them very much and next week Oliver and I plan on surprising them with a bag of chocolate chip cookies.



I try to take Oliver to see my grandparents at least twice a week. Its a nice break to our routine and they enjoy him just as much as I do.

There is something to be said about 'going home'. Of course I have my beautiful house, I love it more and more everyday. But I don't have roots here...yet. I do have roots there.

Its comforting to go back.

To sit in my grandparents home, get comfy on their old wicker furniture and watch the traffic from the front porch.. Drink lemonade out of a red plastic Solo cup. Chat about absolutely nothing.
It makes me happy that Oliver can experience all this too. That even though he is too young to remember I can share with him all the things that I found {find} special.

I get a sense of who I am when I am there. Its a small town, there isn't much to do but it's the place that made me who I am - where the people who made me who I am live.
That's home to me.



1 comment :

  1. it definitely is home. after being in the city all day, i love to just walk the streets for an hour and revel in the "littleness" of it.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...