Friday, August 26, 2011

Drab to Fab - Burner Cover Tutorial


I've seen burner covers before. Their job is to basically cover the burners of the stove. Practical I guess....but not always so cute.
They are metal, magnets stick to them so why not use them for home decor?

Today I have a super simple little tutorial on how to turn an ugly (to some) burner cover from the dollar store into a cute decoration for your home. You can basically use this baby anywhere.

Supplies
-Package of burner covers - found mine at the dollar store. Its a 2 pack you get a small one and a larger one
Mod Podge
Spray paint
paint or foam brush
Scrapbook paper
Scissors

I don't have a picture of this part but the first step you will want to paint the edge of the cover. The edge of mine was purple - I didn't want purple so I  spray painted it white. Let it dry.

Trace the cover onto the backside of your scrapbook paper.
Cut out the circle.

Cover the entire decorative side with mod podge
lay your scrapbook paper down - pretty side up. 

Smooth out the paper using a straight edge.
I just used an old credit card.
Let it dry.
Paint a layer of mod podge over the top of the paper.  

Let it dry completely then hang it up.
I just glued a piece of ribbon to the back with hot glue and hung it on a nail.
Super simple.

I'm linked up to these fabulous parties

8 comments :

  1. This was on my "to-do list" and seeing your post just bumped it up the list!! It looks great!

    Emily

    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! Your killing me with all these things that are going on my to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one darn smart cookie! Such a good idea. I love the choice of paper you went with to decorte the burner....very chic and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. This project was so simple I want to make them for every room in the house now. And Jennifer - that paper is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea. If you get a chance I would love you to link your burner cover up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I have one of those gross stoves that needs burner covers. I'd like a little more cute in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Will definitely add this post to my blog roll over at www.buystoveburnercovers.com. Makes me want to make a dangling set of 4 like the ones you see at Walmart, but with a homemade twist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many scents available ranging from clean linen scents that evoke the memory of fresh linen in the breeze, http://bestfatburnerforwomen.org/

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...