Monday, August 22, 2011

Headband Holder. A Tutorial.


So you can say I am pretty much obsessed with headbands now.
Its a good thing. And the best thing of all - I've been making my own. Surpringly they are super easy.

Since I have a bunch I needed someplace to store them. I discovered a cute little holder on Pinterest. And what do ya know? It was made out of an oatmeal container. I thought I could totally do that.

- Supplies -
1 large oatmeal container
2 sheets of scrapbook paper
Modpodge
Paint or foam brush
Scissors


Step 1:
Measure your paper around the can. My paper was 12 x 12. It didn't go all the way around so I needed to cut a strip off of another sheet. I have zero measurements - I just kind of eyeballed it. Im a rebel like that.

Step 2:
After you have measured your paper you will want to carefully cut the extra off the bottom of the can. I just held onto the paper and cut around the can. Nothing fancy. Oh and check out my nail polish - isn't that sad.

Step 3:
Apply a layer of Mod podge around the whole can. Apparently I needed to take a picture of this step - its not rocket science.

Step 4:
Wrap the paper around the can. Be sure to smooth out any bubbles as best as you can. I just used my finger - you can use a credit card or something with a flat edge. (add that to the supply list)
Then let it dry for a few minutes

Step 5:
Apply another layer of mod podge to the paper. It will help the seams stick and keep everything nice and sealed up. Don't worry - it dries clear.

Step 6:
Stick your headbands on it. See super simple. And now I have a nice neat place to store all the headbands I've been creating. And inside is where I keep all the ones I'm working on. Smart.


Like my little helper

I'm liked up to these fabulous parties

2 comments :

  1. I love the simplicity of this project! Thanks for sharing. I was just stopping by to let you know that I nominated you for a versatile blogger award in my most recent post. http://mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Emily

    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...