Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Craft so I Don't Have to Clean

Ryan skip this post - Do not read anymore. I want you to think I clean all day. P.s. Don't look in the closet. Or under the bed. KThanks.

I know bad me right? But honestly, picking up toys 45 gajillion times (real numbers here) is so annoying.

I like to craft. Some things I do are small and don't really need their own post. But I like to show them off anyway so today I will show you what I do.... when I should be cleaning.

Example 1: These little trivets. They weren't so cute when I found them at the good old Sal. [That's slang in my world for the Salvation Army] I knew they had potential they just needed some TLC aka Spray Paint and scrapbook paper.
Funny (or not so funny) side story. The Sal doesn't have carts - so I had to push Oliver around in the stroller. Well it doesn't have a basket and I had 45 things so I was trying to balance holding my items and pushing the stroller and one of these bad boys fell on Oliver's head. I felt terrible. Truly I did - I hate it when my baby gets hurt. And I hate it when my compulsion is the reason. I could of left those trivets and took Oliver straight home - but I didn't. I gave him some Teddy Grahams and continued shopping. Sorry Kid.

Before sad little trivets

After happy little trivets. 

I just spray painted the frames black and then mod podged some scrapbook paper onto the tile. Super Simple..and oh so better. Don't ask what I am going to do with them because I have no clue but they will end up somewhere.

Example 2: My new bracelet/necklace I had this blue necklace forever and one day it broke. I was heartbroken but I got over it quickly when I had an idea. Thread some ribbon though it and call it a day.
It was a little difficult getting the ribbon though the teeny tiny little holes but I managed then I just tied it in a bow and put that bad boy on. I like it and i can wear it two ways now - not just one. Win. Win.


Example 3: Is a major Fail Whale. Its sad really. I had great intentions for this guy and they all came crashing down. Big. Time.
First of all a little rant. Why are curtains so flipping expensive?! Seriously?! It annoys me. And no, we don't have an Ikea close to us so that isn't even an option.
Anways, I had an idea I would use canvas drop cloths for Landon's curtains. I knew I wanted them yellow striped. So off to Home Depot I went got me some (terrible grammar - but I'm leaving it) drop cloths and then I went and picked up some yellow fabric paint. I taped off my stripes (so much easier than I thought it would be) and started painting.
That little announcement on the cover of the drop cloth that says "super absorbent" well they mean it. That drop cloth ate up my paint. It was hard to spread out and just wasn't working well. I used a large bottle of paint and only covered a stripe and a half. I was sad.
So I went back to Joanns and bought fabric spray paint. Surely, this would work. And it did. So much better than the regular paint.
But it was a different color yellow. [insert super sad face] So the curtains turned out like this.


Oh well, you live and learn. I'm still determined to make these yellow striped curtains. If anyone knows of a place that sells cheap(er) panels please let me know. I'll send you gummy bears and lollipops.




2 comments :

  1. Linds, try Christmas Tree Shop on the blvd or buy sheets and sew them. They are much less expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post title. Crafting is always a good reason not to clean. : )

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...