Thursday, August 11, 2011

Not Always Sunshine

Being a mom is hard. I think most mothers would agree with me. And those who don't are lying to themselves and everyone else around them.

Of course Motherhood is rewarding but we all hear about the good stuff. The bad stuff is always kept secret. But those are the moments we should share, because they happen. And when you have a toddler they happen...a lot.

I love staying home. I chose this life. I could of went to work to take care and teach other people's children, but I wanted to stay home and take care of and teach mine. Somedays Oliver makes that extremely difficult.

Yesterday was one of those day.

No matter what we did, he hated it. If we painted he didn't want paint he wanted crayons.
If I gave him the crayons he wanted to get down.
I'd get him cleaned off and out of his highchair and he wanted to get back in.
The kid was all over the place.
He is teething (my excuse for everything) so I know he is uncomfortable but seriously, come on - cut me some slack. Please.

I pretty much let him have free reign over the house, he was content laying in front of the door with every blanket, pillow and stuffed animal. I wasn't going to disturb him. I let him go.
If he wanted to walk around with his shoes, my shoes and his father's shoes I let him.
If he wanted to pull all the paper towels off the roll and parade around the house with it I let....wait - I didn't let him, but by the time I discovered what he was doing the damage was already done.

 
Somedays, I just let him do his thing.

I can't keep telling him 'No'. Its not always a battle I want to fight. I save those for the big things. Like when hes playing with scissors and knives. 

So just when I was about to lose my marbles the mailman shows up. I was expecting the pile of junk mail with some bills thrown in to balance everything out. But in between the Valupak and the Electric bill was a little brown package addressed to me!

It was just what I needed. 


My dear sweet friend Dylan over at free range mommy, who I have never met in real life sent me something. Something that when I opened completely changed my mood and made me happy.



Because being a mom is lonely sometimes. Being a mom means waiting on everyone else. Putting everyone else first and sometimes being forgotten.
It was nice not to feel forgotten.


1 comment :

  1. AMEN!!! I stay at home with my 2 1/2 year old, and boy oh boy are there days/weeks when I think she's trying to drive me insane!

    I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment! I think it's interesting how many of us are scared to put together gallery walls. Having finally done it (I've been putting it off literally for years) I say go for it, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised :D

    BTW, the pictures in your header are amaze-balls gorgeous!!!!

    Shelley
    www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...