Thursday, September 29, 2011

BOOOk Page Pumpkin

It's fall y'all. So that means I can share all my fall decor.

This is one of my favorite crafts to make and the best part...it's so easy. And if you have everything at home - it's free.
At this point in my pregnancy - I like easy. I can sit in front of the TV with my feet up and whip it up.


All you'll need is
* an old paper back book - the thicker the better but you can finagle it if your book doesn't have a lot of pages.
* glue
* scrapbook paper/construction paper
* stick or cinnamon stick
*scissors

You're basically just going to fold all the pages in half. One page at a time. This is the "hardest" part of the entire project. It's just a little time consuming - so catch up on the latest fall shows while you fold!!


Once all your pages have been folded it will look like this.




You'll want to take the first fold and the last fold and glue them together.


Fluff it up a bit and play around with the pages if you need too. It should take shape on its own.

Take your stick or cinnamon stick  and stick it in the hole on the top of the book. You could glue it in if you want.

I took some green construction paper and wrapped it around the paint brush to make it curly. Then I glued that and a construction paper leaf to the cinnamon stick.

Lastly make your face. This one is pretty simple but you can make whatever you want. Add glitter or beads. I kind of want to make one with peacock feathers.
Get creative with it.


Linking up to these fabulous parties
Truly Lovely

3 comments :

  1. I love it, and will be featurning it on Thursday afternoon. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. Congrats on the new little one on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!! thanks so much for sharing! and all the best to you with your pregnancy!! xo ~ kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! AND EASY my favorite :) thank you for sharing. Best wishes on the pregnancy!


    -Stacey @ Gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...