Friday, September 9, 2011

Lets go on a Picnik

Not just any kind of Picnik.
An adventure of the photo editing kind.

I get asked a lot about my camera. It's a Canon Powershot SX130Is if you're wondering.
I don't have anything super fancy.

For one, I have a toddler who thinks what's mine is his, and what's his is his. So I can't afford to have an expensive camera.
And secondly, I really don't know how to use a camera. I use it on auto.
We're BFFs. I've tried manually. And failed majorly. So I stick to auto. It's alright because I have a secret lover and its name is Picnik.

What is Picnik you ask?!....
Well let me tell you - it's this great little photo editing site that is pretty much free.
You can pay a fee if you wish, but it isn't necessary. And its about 1000x easier to figure out than photoshop.
I paid the whole $24 for a years worth of the advanced portion. But you really don't have too.

Now I am in no way an expert on photo editing. I just basically clicked some buttons and cropped some pictures.
I can't even tell you how I did some of this stuff because I really have no clue. But it's really fun and you lose track of time...and you're toddler. Kidding. Kind of.










So as much as I'd like to take credit for my saweet picture taking abilities. The truth is I'm kind of bad at it. Thankfully, picnik is around to help a Momma out.

3 comments :

  1. I heart picnik, but getting real photoshop soon. The last two posts on my blog were done using picnik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to comment on this for a while. Where have I been that I have missed picnik??? I have loved playing with it ever since you posted this, I finally even figured out how to make a somewhat blog banner with it. (Don't judge it's not great but it will do for now) Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love picnik too! I love photoshop and all you can do with that, but it's nice to just go on picnik and not have to learn how to use it...you can just literally do stuff and it's super easy!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...