Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Gonna Miss This

I am a worrier.

I worry about everything
some may call me uptight
I am not the risk taker
I am perfectly content with both feet on the ground
you won't find me jumping from a plane.

Ryan is the complete opposite
(opposites attract...right?)
Oliver takes after Ryan
and since I had Oliver
I've been trying to remind myself
Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's okay if he wants to go down the slide alone.

He will be alright if he is up past his bedtime
Eats macaroni and cheese for the billionth time in a week
Wrestles with the big kids
Drinks juice
and sometimes has McDonalds
Wants to try the stairs by himself
 I'm starting to realize these moments wont last forever
I will wake up and it will be over
I'm going to miss this
I want to cherish it
all of it
He is little for only a short time
Soon he will grow up
and I will have
different worries
more worries
bigger worries
so for now
I breathe deep
when he wants to sit on the coffee table
and soak it up

4 comments :

  1. So poignant!! I feel the same about Jimmy. :sniff:

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! its good that you and your hubs balance each other so well. My husband and i are both major worriers and it tends to add lots of stress, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we might be long-lost twins. I feel the same way about my little man. I have to remind myself daily to let go of the anxiety and let him learn and discover. Very beautiful post, and even better reminder to all of us Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel the same way! also, I have the same table at my house (the little fisher-price thing). Following you via blog hop, follow back please:http://modernmommyreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...