Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Growing Up

I love this stage in Oliver's life.
He is becoming his own person and everyday
He grows a little more.


I never talked to him like he was a baby
Even when he was a baby.

I would have one sided conversations with him
While I rocked him to sleep
Or while we snuggled on the couch together.

I'd tell him about who I was
And who I want to be.

I'd tell him the story about how his Dada and I met
And how falling in love with his father was
The best thing that ever happened to me.


Now he tells me stories.
Sure, a lot of it is gibberish
But all of it is special
Because they are his stories.

He will talk to me about his ball
Or his car and his favorite friend Toodles.

He tells me how his Dada is his best friend

And how much he loves play-doh

and how he loves to terrorize the cats.


Listening to him talk never gets old.
It makes me sad, because he is growing up
But he's becoming this amazing little man.



2 comments :

  1. I love listening to my kids talk too. It's not just what they say, but how they say it. I love it!

    ~Caitlin
    caitcreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he really say that Dada is his best friend?

    Uber cute.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...