Saturday, November 26, 2011

Maybe It's All In My Imagination

Maybe I'm not really pregnant.
Maybe we have made the last 10 months up
Maybe I was abducted by aliens and there is not really a baby moving around in my stomach.

That would explain the fact that....
I am still pregnant.

Yes, 41 weeks and 1 day and I am still carrying this child on the inside.

You've probably noticed I haven't been around much in the last week.
Maybe you checked in to see if I had the baby.
Maybe you figured I haven't posted because I was home resting and bonding with my new baby.

Nope, I haven't been around because I am miserable.
Just ask my husband.

I hate complaining. I am grateful that this baby has cooked for as long as he has. It could be worse.
A lot worse.

But, I am done.
I'm done with the heartburn
I'm done with the 45 trips to the bathroom in an hour
I'm done with the contractions that stop the minute I start to think "this is it"
I'm done with the pity glances while I waddle around
I'm done with getting kicked in the ribs
I'm done with people asking "baby yet?"

I miss being able to put on my own socks and shoes
I miss being able to get dressed in real clothes
I miss being able to bend over

This post is random and it's dumb and I know in a few months I'll look back and roll my eyes at myself when I have two kids screaming and crying - then I'll realize how lucky I was when I looked like I was smuggling a turkey under my shirt.

2 comments :

  1. I was just there with a friend last month! She thought that baby would never be born!! Hang in there...can't wait to see pictues!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to feel miserable! 41 weeks? Seriously?

    Expectation postponed is making the heart sick. Proverbs something.

    Crossing my fingers for you to go into labor soon!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...