Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New Kind of Halloween

It's amazing to me how my life has changed since I became a mom.

I spent a few minutes looking at pictures of friends at Halloween parties. Dressed up in fancy costumes.
That use to be me.
That use to be us.

The everyday life changes, when you become a Momma
But it's the smaller things that you sometimes don't think about.

Did it sting a little to see all the fun my friends were having?
To be honest, yeah it did.

But then I look at this face.
Full of wonder and excitement.

It's not about us anymore. Halloween isn't about the perfect costume for me or for Ryan. It's about this sweet little boy and teaching him about the magic of the holiday.

We do it for him.
We make funny faces in the mirror while trying to capture a moment.

Trying to get a toddler to stand still for a picture can be next to impossible - sometimes a Momma has to do, what she has to do.

It's about making memories.
Memories that he may not remember, but we will.


Its about taking the time to plan and make the perfect costume for my sweet little man.

It's about the experience we have as a family taking our son trick or treating for the first time.


It's about the joy in his eyes as he reaches in the basket for a piece of candy.

These moments matter most to me now.

1 comment :

  1. I found you through followers fest! What a beautiful blog. I have a Christmas series going on with a Christmas post a day for 50 days and it just started! You should check it out!

    www.readjame.com

    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...