Thursday, November 3, 2011

No Apologies

When I started this blog, I wanted it to be an outlet.
A way for me to share
My story.
Therapy.


The truth is, it's scary.
It's scary to open up.
It's scary to be honest
Not just with you..
But with myself

The truth is
I'm a sensitive soul
And when people don't acknowledge that
It hurts

I created this place to share my life
My adventures
And this time, that's what I am going to do
Openly, honestly


I'm not going to apologize

If my house is messy - my child is making memories. The dishes can wait


If we eat a frozen dinner 3 nights a week
(although I can cook)
If we spend all day in our pjs
If my child watches TV
If my husband and I bicker over trivial things

If I don't like being away from my child - even if it's for an hour.
That I fed my kids formula

I am me. This is who I am.

My house is not out of a magazine (though someday I'd like it to be)
But for right now, I'm okay with the chaos

My wardrobe consists of yoga pants and my husbands Kansas Jayhawks t-shirts

I'm happier staying in and watching reality TV, then going out.

Being a stay at home mom is better than any other job I have had.


I'm not afraid anymore. And I will not apologize

4 comments :

  1. Love this! I get so turned off with blog where the women just seem fabricated and fake. I want to see real women I can relate to and feel like I could be friends with, not a Martha Stewart who's perfectly matching kitchens and children I covet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too! Yay for real mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Linz! And love you the way you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! If only more people could be open and honest the way you are. And honestly, it is really nice to see that there are other people out there that feel and act and believe the way you do :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...