Friday, December 30, 2011

Month 1

I'm sitting here sipping my coffee, watching the news and listening to my littles sleep. One is still in bed and my littlest little is peacefully dreaming in his swing.

He is one month old today
.
Where did this last month go? Oh Please make time slow down.

Time is a funny thing when you have children. I impatiently waited for Landon to arrive for weeks. The days dragged on. But Now that he is here, the days fly by. Our days are so busy that we don't have time to stop and look at the clock.

Every moment he's growing and changing. And becoming his own little person.
I'm not sure what I did to get two easy children. I swear Landon hardly ever cries. And when he does - it means he's hungry. Which he is, like every 3-4 hours.

The adjustment to life with a newborn has gone smoothly. For everyone. Especially Oliver. I wasn't sure how he would take it once the glamour of the "bay bee" wore off, but one month in and he still loves his baby brother as much as he did the first time he met him.

It warms my heart to see my children so happy.

And Landon, well Landon loves him too. You can see it. He follows Oliver with his eyes and will watch him play. He tolerates being covered in toy cars and stuffed animals. They are already great friends.

Some favorites
. Landon's sweet baby smell
. My boys holding hands
. Olivers eagerness to feed Landon
. Sleep smiles
. Early morning cuddles with Landon
. Landon's ability to hold up his head
. How he follows our voices with his eyes
. When Landon cuddles he curls up into a ball

Some days are chaotic and some days are messy but I don't ever want to forget these moments. I know how fast they go, it makes me sad but I am excited to see Landon grow up and who he will be....

....but time could just slow down a little.





1 comment :

  1. This post is so sweet. You need to listen to this song by Elton John called The Greatest Discovery. It is about a toddler meeting his little brother for the first time. Here is a link to a youtube video with the song playing in the background. Its my favorite recording - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqzd2b87Mlg

    Hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...