Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY Clay Bracelets

I love jewelry. I don't wear much anymore because of the boys but
that doesn't mean I'm not still obsessed with it.

My latest obsession is polymer clay.
You can pretty much make anything out of it
so I figured, why not make some jewelry.


I'm sure there are many tutorials on how to make
bracelets out of clay. But here is how I do it.

First you will need
Clay in assorted colors
Sharp knife or razor blade
Bracelet - to use as a guide
Cookie sheet

You'll want to use your razor blade to cut off a chunk of the clay. Work it between your hands to soften it up a bit then roll it out into a snake shape.


 If you choose to make a multi-colored bracelet take one color and wrap it   around the other

Roll the two strands together with the palm of your hand to blend them.

Take your bracelet and wrap the clay around it to make a circle. Connect the ends of the clay and smooth out with your fingers. Take the bracelet out and put your clay bracelet on a cookie sheet.


Bake at 275 for 20-25 minutes.


Linking up at these awesome parties





1 comment :

  1. My teenage daughter will love making these. Thanks.

    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...