Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Weight Loss Journey

 Source via Lindsay on pinterest
Well its the New Year. And with the new year, comes new promises to get healthy.  Honestly, I would be on this journey even if it wasn't the new year.

Writing this out is hard. It's about as hard as it is for me to look in the mirror most days. It's about as hard as trying on every article of clothing I own and discovering they don't fit. Its about as hard as it is to discover my 'fat pants' are now my 'don't even maybe fit' pants.

Everyone keeps telling me to cut myself some slack. I did just have a baby after all. While that is true, it still doesn't make it right. Or take the sting away. And if we're getting specific I've actually had two babies...in less than 2 years.

I am the heaviest I have ever been. And even though the thought of posting my weight for all the world to see makes me want to throw up, I am going to do it anyway.

I currently weigh 170lbs.

That's depressing. But writing it out is holding me accountable - if its out and posted, its not my dirty secret anymore.

I have never been super skinny but I have been thin and I liked the way I looked. Now, I am far from thin and I really don't like the way I look. I have always had a love/hate relationship with food but when I was younger I had a high metabolism on my side. After I had Oliver that slowed down, way down.

Pregnancy really does change..... everything.

I gained 20 pounds when I was pregnant with Oliver - I lost all of that weight within the first few months of Oliver's life.  But becoming a stay at home mom I eventually started gaining it all back. By the time Oliver turned a year I was back up to 160lbs.

Then I got pregnant again.

So I started my 2nd pregnancy almost 30 pounds heavier than I did with my first.  I was conscious of what I ate when I was pregnant with Landon and I let myself give into the craving but I did it in moderation. I also exercised more the 2nd time around. I was 183 pounds the day I delivered Landon.

I started Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. I haven't lost any weight yet, but tracking my food has helped me make smarter decisions. Actually reading the labels has put a lot of things into perspective and has changed the way I look at food.

Food is no longer my crutch. Food is no longer that 'friend' I turn to when everything is falling apart or I am having a bad day. I realize now that I don't need food to make me happy. Being conscious of my feelings and emotions is one of the best things I can do for myself. Because when I am emotional I eat - and it's usually unhealthy. Finding other outlets is going to be difficult but I need to do this. Not only for myself but for my children.

Writing about my issues with my weight is difficult, but I have two beautiful children and for that I am thankful. My body did amazing things - by housing two babies and delivering them, it deserves to be treated with respect. Baby fat is cute on my kids...not on their momma.

If you have struggled with your weight or are still struggling I invite you to join me on this journey.  If you have successfully lost weight, I invite you to share your tips and tricks. Let's do this together!

Source Lindsay via Pinterest

Source Lindsay via Pinterest


6 comments :

  1. Hang in there! I know how you feel, I have been struggling with my weight since giving birth to the boys. I always hid behind the excuse of having twins....even when they were 4! My trick for weight watchers...Label the points on all the boxes in your pantry. It makes it really easy to count them. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You are beautiful and you are right, your body did amazing things and DOES deserve some respect! Don't get yourself down, that is one way to kill your motivation! You can do it! You are gorgeous and many women would kill to be just like YOU!!
    Love you Lindsay you can do it!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog posts! This one hits home. Its crazy how much we have had in common these past few years. R u nursing... That helps shed lbs! I was so heavy after grayson too. I started ww's 8 weeks ago. I abs love it! Im so excited u did too!! U will do fantastic! It works so keep your head up and make small weight loss goals until u get to the weight u want. W nursing i have been losing on av 2.5 lbs per week. It takes some time and disc. But u can do it! If u want food ideas id love to share! Keep me posted on how you're doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good post
    new follower of ur blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along with WW I do Leslie Sansones walk at home DVDs. They are awesome and a lot of fun, you can get them from the library too! This week with watching my points and walking 2 miles a day I have lost 2lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it definitely is a struggle, but deciding to do something about and then acting on that is a huge step. I've lost 30 pounds since last feburary. I cut out pop and fast food almost completely...started logging everything I ate and walking 5x a week. Try the Jillian Michaels DVDs...I love 30 Minute Shred.
    Most of all, it's important to not be so hard on yourself if you slip up...it happens. oh, and if you want a cupcake, have a cupcake :)
    good luck (but you won't need it)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...