Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dear Oliver

My sweet 2 year old boy. You are growing so fast. Still a skinny little thing coming in at a whopping 25 pounds. But you are so tall. You must get that from Mommas side of the family. No matter what your Dada says, he isn't 6 foot!


You are this little boy. I look at you and wonder where my baby went. The teeny tiny little blob we brought home on that cold February day. I wonder where that chubby little baby went that would drool all over. I wonder where that wobbly little boy went when he was first learning to walk.


You are a kid. So grown up and smart. I am sure every parent thinks their kid is amazing and brilliant. But you, you darling amaze me daily. The things you say, the concepts you grasp. I didn't think two year olds knew - but you do.

I don't do anything special with you. We sing songs and talk, we play games and read books. Of course we watch cartoons and go on walks (your favorite) but I don't go out of my way to make sure you are exposed to certain things. Yet, you just know.



You still love art. Anything creative. Your current obsession is play-dough and painting. And your AquaDoodle. Which may just be the best toy ever.

You love your brother. Like big time love him. It was like he was born just for you. For you to comfort and  entertain. You are his, and he is yours. He loves you as much as you love him. I can see it. The way he looks at you and follows you around the room. The way he fusses until you go up and play with him. He doesn't want me, he wants you. Be kind to him, love him always. Please keep each other.



You and I have grown so much these last two years. From lost and broken where we would both cry to happiness. Complete bliss. You have loved me unconditionally though it all. You loved me though the darkness and still trusted me when I didn't even trust myself. You my love, are my everything. I never knew love until I had you. You are a sweet little man and a wonderful child I am so lucky to call you mine.


Please can we work on one thing, you have your whole life to call me "Mom" for now can you just call me "Momma?"


Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! 

1 comment :

  1. What a lovely blog you have. Your son is so adorable. They grow up so quick. Xx

    http://dandelionsandkisses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...