Thursday, March 1, 2012

Funny Kids are Funny


I've said it before but I'll say it again, I think Oliver is hilarious. There is no doubt that he has Ryan's outgoing personality. You can ask anyone, they would certainly agree with me. He's one funny dude.

But lately, he is off the wall funny. The things he comes up with are unbelievable.

We call Landon "Wrinkles" its probably going to stick with him until he's a teenager. When the time comes when he asks "Why Wrinkles" I'm just going to tell him it's all his dads fault.

Anyways, the other night Landon was fussy. He was fine just swinging in his swing taking it all in, then bam he wasn't happy swinging anymore so he starts to whine. Out of nowhere Oliver shouts, "Wrinkles....STOP IT!" Writing it out doesn't even do it justice. It was beyond hilarious and completely all him. He did on his own. So demanding and so funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to watch anything other than cartoons while Oliver is awake is pretty much impossible. So while I had a quick minute I turned on the news. To, ya know actually find out what is going on in the world. Well Oliver wanted no part of it. He asked for toons, I told him he would have to wait a minute. {A minute in toddler time is 4 years by the way}. He walks over to Ryan and says, "Grab mote Dada" {Grab the remote Dada}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling sentimental with Oliver turning two I was looking at baby pictures of him. He came up and I asked him if he knew who that baby was. He said, "Wrinkles." I said, "No Honey, that baby is you". He looked at me and shouted, "No Momma, Wrinkles!"
Who's that baby?!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other morning during breakfast we were sitting at the table watching the birds in my spirea bushes. Oliver began this unbelievable story of the birds. There was a Momma birdie, a Dada birdie and even a Wrinkles birdie. Apparently the birdies were eating pancakes, ironically that's what Oliver was eating also.
Even sick he still smiles!!  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver is an amazing story teller. He woke up at 12:30 one night and was crying for me.  I went into his room and asked him what was wrong. He wanted a cup. So we walked down the stairs hand in hand and headed to the kitchen for a cup of milk. We went into the living room and sat down on the couch.  It was then that he proceeded to tell me this grand story about the penguins {the same penguins we seen the day before when we went to the aquarium}. He went on and on about how the penguins ate food, and the food was fish. Then he he told me about the shark and he was swimming.

I started to cry, I couldn't believe that this amazing child was actually mine. At one point I got him to lay down next to me, I didn't want to fall asleep I wanted to listen to more of his stories but at this point an hour had passed and I knew Landon would be up shortly and I really didn't want to be a zombie in the morning. While laying next to me, his cheek was touching mine. He could feel my tears. I told him that they were happy tears and that I loved him sooo much. He touched his cheek and asked me to cry on him some more. I laughed. Then he took my face in his hands and said, "I  wuv you Momma!"

I. die.

That little boy has no idea how much he has me wrapped around his finger.


3 comments :

  1. Those stories made me laugh but the last one made me cry! Sweet sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love this post! More like this please! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am crying now too! Love this. You are so blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...