Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Truth About My Jeans

Source
The other day a few friends and I were talking about our love/hate relationship with clothes. 
I am a firm believer in a good pair of jeans.
 Now I am not talking about $200 jeans. 
Sure those would be nice 
but my stay at home mom salary doesn't pay me enough to afford $200 jeans.  
One time, I did spend $200 on jeans. 
They are in the back of my closet - they will be worn again! 
Mark. My. Words. 

Anyways, good jeans. 
I know for me its difficult to find a pair that fit properly
It was always frustrating 
shopping for pants. I am tall so I need length. 
I don't have hips {well I didn't before kids}
or a butt so finding a pair that
are snug enough in the thighs 
but loose enough in the stomach area 
is pretty much impossible
that's when I discovered tailoring
I know, I know tailoring isn't anything new. 
But it is to me. I take my Old Navy jeans to Helene 
and she tailors them for me and they fit perfectly.

Now on to washing my jeans. 
Hold on to your hats

I don't. 

Now before you refuse to sit next to me at the next social gathering just listen...
.....or read.

I freeze them.

What you need to freeze your jeans 

Obviously worn jeans
Largest freezer bag you can find
Freezer

Fold your jeans. 
Place them in the freezer bag and put the bag in the freezer.
 Remove after one week. 
They feel crisp and clean.

Now this won't work if you roll around in mud. 
If there are spots on your jeans you are going to have to either spot clean them  
or wash them if you did indeed roll around in mud.

Don't knock it before you try it.
Seriously, if you don't believe me just Google 
"Freezer Jeans"

...so who wants to borrow my pants?!

5 comments :

  1. Wow! I've never heard of freezing your jeans. I'll have to look into it...providing I ever find some I love.

    So how do you buy your jeans...slightly large/long or the best fit you can find and then tailor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy them bigger. If I have two sizes I'll go for the larger of the two and then I just have them taken in. That gives her some extra material to work with and then they aren't so tight!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your secret! I'm about to go freeze me some jeans! LOL. I absolutely hate washing my jeans so I'm just a bit excited about trying this. I never thought about having them tailored either.. I do believe you have opened my eyes today! Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know what you think when you try it out!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell you True Religion Outlet store is also a good choice.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...