Thursday, April 5, 2012

Burnt Rolls

I knew this day was coming. Not me burning the rolls, that happens a lot, but the day Oliver picks up one of 'our' words. If you're a parent, you probably know where I am going with this.

I stuck the rolls in the oven on the broil setting, like an idiot I walked away to help Oliver clean up his toys in the living room. Ryan walks into the kitchen and the whole room is filled with smoke. He opens the oven door and more smoke pours out. At this point, I enter the kitchen and Ryan and I both say, "Oh, Shit."

Then we hear it. The sweet little squeaky voice of Oliver. He walks into the kitchen, sees all the smoke and he lets out the clearest, "Oh shit."

Ryan and I just look at each other. And like the good parents we are. We laugh. And then we laugh some more, because no matter how inappropriate it is, it's still hilarious when a two year old lets out a loud "oh shit!"

He copies everything we do, it was only a matter of time for him to pick up swearing. Obviously we don't want him swearing, and after we go over our laughing fit we told him that word wasn't nice to say and that we were both sorry for saying it.

I'm not sure it went over well though, ten minutes later he dropped his cup and yelled, "oh shit!"

Parents. Of. The. Year.



My post on The Dark Side of Motherhood is being featured over at ModaMama today. 
Stop by and check out Joanna's blog!! 

4 comments :

  1. Oh shit! LOL I know this is going to happen to us too! So not looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're in trouble. He's said it a few more times since then. Last night it was over ice cream!

      Delete
  2. Wow I think you did pretty good considering. My little girl said that around 20 months, I think, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha my niece did that the last time i was home... i could not stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...