Monday, April 2, 2012

The Little Table That Could

If you're a follower of Little Mudpies on Facebook you probably seen this guy {girl?} posted the other day.


He was free. I love free.

Our neighbors are moving. I have been stalking watching their curbside, for the last few weeks. Well last Sunday this little table was sitting out there. We were on our way to my in laws for breakfast, and Ryan refused to stop and let me grab it {I know right, what was he thinking?!} He promised that if it was still there when we came home - I could have it.

Apparently it was meant to be. There he was in all his unkempt glory. I had big plans for The Little Table That Could.

Ryan has been on vacation. Unfortunately we're not laying on the beach sipping fruity drinks with an umbrella {there were fruity drinks just not on a beach}.  We decided to spend his week off getting our house together.

My projects were painting. And decorating. And redecorating. {more to come} So I headed to Lowe's with my little partner in crime, Oliver and picked up some of my favorite Valspar paint in Dove White.


The Little Table That Could wasn't in bad shape, but he needed some help. So I filled the holes and sanded it down. Primed it and gave it a few coats of paint. After it was dry I sanded down a few of the edges to give it a worn 'shabby chic' look.

And now it's a beautiful Swan.




Oh how I love those little glass knobs. 

Happy Monday!

Linking up to these fabulous parties.
House of Rose

8 comments :

  1. Really pretty. I love giving furniture new life. Im on the lookout for a desk for my daughters apt away at school. Good luck with your other projects
    Gabbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. glass knobs are the best!!! and free stuff is even better!
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey love what you've done to the table, it's amazing now. I love the white too and the knobs - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just became your 75th follower. I love this table. I hope you will follow me back at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I'm always amazed by furniture transformations. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays! I love the glass knobs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love seeing before and after projects! Great job! Thanks for sharing at { Homemade By You}

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! SO happy you both found each other!!!

    I have the same glass knob on the Jewelry Box Stand I made for my daughter!

    I hope you'll share this over at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! :)
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/04/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just so precious! Just the right touch of glam to vintage home! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...