Thursday, April 26, 2012

Painted Vases

Back in the day when Ryan use to buy me flowers 
{kidding, he still does}
I got these two vases. I always loved the design, they weren't typical 
looking little vases. I like the modernness of them! 


Anyway, I've had them hiding out in the back of the cabinet for sometime now 
but I really wanted to change up our decor so I brought them out and decided to paint them. 



It's super simple. No major tutorial needed that's how easy it is! 

All you need is:

A vase or some kind of glass jar
Acrylic paint 
Paper plate or something to let the paint drip on

You are just going to squeeze the paint onto the inside of your vase. 
Tip the vase over and let the paint drip down the inside. 
Keep it upside down on your paper plate until all the paint has dripped out 
and the inside is completely covered. 

Seriously, it's that easy! 


You can read more about that little table here

Linking up to these fabulous parties 

5 comments :

  1. These are cool!! The color does modernize them really well!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage
    I'm a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of those vases. And I love the new color! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Lindsey!

    love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a way to seal the paint so you can put water and cut flowers in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about this after I filled mine with fake flowers, I am wondering if Mod Podge would seal it and keep the paint from chipping. I might try it with just a glass or something to see if it works. Mod Podge is my solution for everything lol.

      Delete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...