Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chopped Broccoli Salad



This is my favorite salad. I make it a lot because it's so simple. 
I made this for Mother's Day this year. 
This is the only picture I have. 
Trying to take 'recipe posts' pictures with family around is obnoxious. 
Between Oliver asking to 'help' and my uncle asking why I was taking pictures of the food
It was just better that I snapped one picture quick. 
From this picture it doesn't look that appetizing - but trust me
it's good!

Ingredients

Salad
2 broccoli crowns - chopped
1 heart of romaine lettuce
scallions - how ever many you want {I use 5 - because I'm a rebel}
slivered almonds
one packet of Ramen noodles - you can toss the flavoring packet
2 tbsp butter

Dressing
1/2 cup oil 
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 
1/2 cup white sugar 
2tbsp soy sauce

Directions
1 - Wash and chop veggies. Place in a salad bowl. 
2 - In a small frying pan add butter. Break noodles apart and sauté them in the frying pan until lightly browned. Set aside. 
3 - Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl or salad dressing mixer. Shake/stir to combine. 
{Sometimes I add more vinegar or sugar depending. So taste it and make sure it's to your liking.}
4 - Pour a little dressing over the salad and mix. 
5 - Before serving add almonds, noodles and more dressing 
{I always keep some noodles on the side in case there is leftover salad - I'm not a big fan of soggy noodles}

I have also added shredded carrots and mandarin oranges. That's also super good. 



1 comment :

  1. My little man would love this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...