Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Heavy Heart.

I know today is Wednesday, and I usually post a picture.
Today there is something heavy weighing on my heart. 
So wordless Wednesday won't be happening.







This post is a serious one. I've gone back and forth the past few days on if I should even write this, but the fact is, this has pretty much consumed my thoughts. 

I've written this 100 times and nothing seems right. The words are coming out wrong and my thoughts are all over the place. So forgive me if I ramble. 

Child abuse. It happens. A lot. We've all heard it on the news or the radio. Some coward takes out their aggression on a helpless, defenseless, innocent child or little baby. It's sad and disgusting. 

Baby Ashlynn, was a victim of child abuse. She's only 4 months old. And she is currently in an induced  coma fighting for her little life. Her injuries include a skull fracture and bruised lungs. My heart is breaking while I write this. The tears keep welling up in my eyes and I'm fighting hard to push them back, they are on the brink of falling - like they have been for days. I heard about this story a few days ago. I found myself sad, scared, confused. Searching for answers on why this sweet child had to endure such a horrific event, at the hands of her own father, is something that I cannot wrap my mind around. 

I don't know Baby Ashlynn personally. I've never held her, or smelled her sweet baby smell. But that doesn't keep the pain away just because I don't know her. My heart hurts when babies hurt. When babies are Abused. Beaten. Broken. I cannot be there physically to hold her Mommas hand, or offer her my shoulder to cry on. 

So I write and I pray. 

I have whispered to God over and over. I've prayed more these last few days, than I have in a long time. Soft whispers into the air. I've prayed for healing and comfort. I've prayed for strength. I've prayed for Ashlynn and I've prayed for her Momma - who is my friend. A young mother who must be on the edge of losing it. I know I would be. It tears me up inside when I try to put myself in her situation. 

Lives changed forever.  

However, I am hopeful for Baby Ashlynn, and I know that God is good and he is looking over her. 

So friends, if you have a minute could you please say a prayer for Baby Ashlynn. That she will recover and be alright. That her big sister can have her back and they can grow up together and that her Momma can see her smile again. 

Please 'like' the Baby Ashlynn Facebook page and share Ashlynn's story. This little Angel needs all the prayers and positive thoughts she can get. 

I love you all so very much. 


18 comments :

  1. Heart felt and well spoken...prayers for Ashlynn from this Oklahoma gal ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, mama. You have brought the tears to my eyes for the hundredth time since Saturday. Hope you don't mind if we share with Ashlynn's followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't mind at all. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. This post was sincere and I thank you for it.
    I did a post similiar to this last week, I found myself crying all day for a sweet baby who also happened to be a victim of abuse.
    It saddens me, disgusts me, confuses me.
    It needs to stop, these babies need help and love and nurturing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's so terribly heart breaking.

      Delete
  4. A heartfelt and heartbreaking post - prayers going up for this little one and all those who are suffering at the hands of those who are supposed to be their protectors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stories like this break my heart. Your post is heartfelt and so touching. Babies are beautiful gifts and she is in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well spoke Lindz! I have been praying for Ashlyn since ur post! It is heartbreaking I can't imagine the mothers pain! Will continurle to pray for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was a beautiful thing you wrote for baby Ashlynn and i have so prayed for this beautiful baby girl to ,as i have followed this story of that sweet precious baby that god brought into this world i sit back and think how a year ago we lost a precious little baby boy who also was a victim of child abuse i myself had reported to the authority's of abuse was happening and no one listened and two days after it was report the little one was abused for the last time of his precious little life he went home to our lord above and to be a that day will be the day i will never forget and how his parents was so sadden of his leaving us to be a rosebud in the garden of heaven and at this time i will tell you i was that little baby boys step grandmother i am sorry i cant mention the name of this little boy because that would only be the parents rights to do so but i can say it came about in January of 2011 and the man that took him away from the family was sentence to prison for many years to come and the bad of it all these little victims of abuse is from the same town.and as i heard about baby ashlynn the memories of that beautiful baby boy resurfaced once again and how the tears filled my eyes i cry-ed why another child i ask ?i pray every night for this little precious baby boys parents that they will heal from that tragic day ,i will never understand how some people could be so cold hearted and hurt a incident child.as far as ashlynn i will keep praying that soon she will be healed by the lord above and returned safely home with her mother and sister i know god is a wonderful healer and believe he has his his precious arm around her and soon she will be healed by his mighty powers.i have three grand daughters and i will protect them from all harms ways as well as my two children that brought them into this world .Before i close Breann may god be with you and give you the strength through this horrible thing that has happened keep your faith strong because our lord is a healer and he loves each and everyone of us and your daughter is a very strong little girl is stronger fighter .so to all of keeps the prayers going soon will see that all prayers do work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for your comment and your prayers. I am so very sorry for your loss and that child abuse has touched your family. It's devastating and my heart breaks for all those innocent babies that don't have a voice.

      Delete
    2. your welcome and thank you for creating this page you have a heart and you are one of gods chosen people .

      Delete
  8. It's hurts to know people in world are cold hearted enough to lay hand on an innocent baby!! It breaks my heart, I can't imagne someone laying a hand on my baby girl who just a month younger then Baby Ashlynn. I hope and pray that Ashlynn pulls through she has come so far in this. May GOD be with her and her family in this time of need. I hope and pray that she will recover fast so she can spend the rest of her time playing and laughing with her sister and her family. And may GOD give her momma the strength she needs to get through this time. My thoughts and prayers goes out to Ashlynn and her family :')

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written, Ashlynn has been in my thoughts since I heard what happened <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wrote this beautifully. Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for Ashlynn.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...