Sunday, May 13, 2012

She is Mother to me.


I hope all the Mommas had a wonderful Mother's Day.
This post is for my beautiful grandmother. 
She is Mother to me.

It was you who showed me what love was all those years ago. 
Little hands who held onto your fingers 
as we went strolling down the street. 

You use to let me comb your hair
while sitting on the couch. 
And let me put make up on your eyes
Then you would pretend to eat my cheeks 
and say, they taste like chocolate. 

It was you who took me in
when my mother pushed me out
It was you who loved me 
unconditionally when I was an 
emotional teenager and very difficult to love.

It was you who helped me dress for prom
and took me to get my hair done. 
It was you who was there by my side taking 
pictures and gushing over how beautiful I looked. 

It was you who was there sitting in the stands 
watching me cheer
at all the football and basketball games.
Just happy to be there 
cheering right along with me.
 You never missed one. 

It was you cheering me on 
as I crossed that stage 
and was handed my diploma. 

It was you who I talked to late at night
about what I wanted to be when I grew up
{I still don't know}
And how exciting college was going to be. 

It was you who helped me move into my dorm and 
then told me to have fun and not to cry
as you drove away with tears in your eyes. 

It was you who held my hand
and told me to stay strong 
as we walking into the ICU
the day my dad was in his accident.
I couldn't of gotten through 
that moment {and all the ones that followed} 
without you by my side.

It was you who told me
not to be afraid of love. 
That if he was all I thought about 
than he must be something special. 

It was you by my side as we stood in the bridal shop
picking out wedding dresses. 
It was you who suggested making my garter out of your own wedding dress. 

It was you sitting in the front pew the day I got married
I remember your face as you watched me walk down the aisle. 
Proud. Happy. 
Thankful that I found someone who loved me for me.

It was you who I wanted there when I delivered Oliver
I couldn't wait for my baby to meet you. 

It was you who was there all the days after
and who I would call when I just wanted to cry. 
It was you who let me
just cry. 

It was you who I called when we first found out 
I was pregnant with Landon
Not one but two great grand babies.

They love you. They love you as much as I do.
Maybe more. 

It was you who showed me 
what it took to be a mother. 
 the selflessness
 the unconditional love


It was you that showed me
that just being there
is better than any gift in the world.

I love you more than you will ever know.
Mother's Day and Everyday.



5 comments :

  1. That was absolutely beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing a large piece of who your are. I'm sure she will truly love this. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - what a wonderful grandmother you have! (beautiful boys, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet <3 Love this. (Melissa Rowe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written! AND love the picture of all of you!! Happy Mother's Day to you friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe!!!
    Left you some blog love... http://www.yourdoctorswife.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...