Tuesday, June 26, 2012

between the hours of 4pm & 6pm......

When I use to work in daycare, the end of the day was always the hardest. The kids were mentally and emotionally checked out and the teachers weren't far behind.

I'm not sure what it is about 4pm but it's like the bewitching hour where everything goes down hill. Kind of like when there is a full moon. Ever notice kids during a full moon. Nuts.

The children in my house are no different. Once 4pm rolls around the tantrums are long and epic. That is when I'd like to put myself in a time out. A Momma Time out if you will.

someecard created by Lindsay // Little Mudpies 
Between trying to make dinner and referee tired and hungry children, it seems like a never-ending battle. One I am usually too tired to fight.

Once 5pm comes around, I start fantasizing about bedtime. In my head it's always peaceful and calm. Everyone goes to bed easily and sleeps soundly. When in reality it is messy, ugly and full of chaos. One kid is crying because he's hungry - yet he ate 10 minutes prior. The other kid is crying because the toy duck is making noise and he doesn't know how to make it stop. Once it stops, he starts crying because he doesn't know how to make it go. Ryan and I get annoyed with each other because the kids are going nuts.

I know I can't be the only Momma who dreads the end of the day. Who checks the clock franticly only to discover minutes have passed.


5 comments :

  1. I totally agree! I start feeling tired around 3 hoping for a nap. I work in a preschool childcare and it was so hard at 5-7 because students were gteting picked up and were very cranky, Cheers to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. 3pm I'm always trying to get the boys to lay down. Of course they are hyper, cranky, crazy as ever then.

      Delete
  2. During the school year 4pm was definitely the witching hour. I wouldn't even have to look at the clock to know what time it was- I could tell by the noise. It's better during the summer time (but not by much!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you are not and wine makes mommy all better! There are days I actually look at the clock and say boy I need a glass of wine is it to early yet

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...