Monday, June 4, 2012

Kids Week {Day 1}


Cloud dough is super easy to make and it stores well in a covered container. I made this over a month ago and it's fine. 

All you need is flour and baby oil. 
Just 2 ingredients!  

Dump a good size amount of flour in a container and mix in the baby oil. You want the dough to be crumbly not soaked. I used 4 cups of flour and 1/2 of cup of oil. Use more or less depending on how much you plan on making. 
If it turns to soup - you've added too much oil just add more flour or create a whole different activity! 


We've done a few different themes. When I first made this we did a birthday theme and made cakes. I had some left over candles that we stuck in little cloud dough birthday cakes. We practiced singing "Happy Birthday" then I let Oliver dig into the cake. 


 This time he wanted a construction theme. I let him pick. They are currently working on the street outside of my grandparents house. He loves watching the big trucks and is always talking about the "Road Closed" sign. So we recreated it using our Cloud Dough. 




It stores well in a covered bowl. Washes off easily and leaves your hands soft and smelling amazing!


the activities were found from Play Create Explore. Check out the website for more ideas! 

5 comments :

  1. That looks like so much fun. Any kind of Dough is popular around here. Except for Moon Dough. I don't like Moon Dough, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome idea!! Will have to try that with my older two this summer! I think my kindergartner would even like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Love that it uses things that most people have around the house. Thanks so much for linking up to Mom Musings, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea!! With things you probably already have in the house even! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...