Friday, June 8, 2012

Kids Week {Day 5}


Sidewalk paint is really easy to make. All you need is
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup water
food coloring

Mix the cornstarch and the water together until completely blended. Pour the mixture into bowls. Add food coloring. Then just mix up again to blend the food coloring in. 

Take the paints outside and decorate your sidewalk. I'm not a big fan of chalk, it gives me the chills so when we discovered this I loved it. Oliver could take it or leave it. He did like when I used it though, so the first time we did this, we practiced his letters. Now he asks for it, and I don't mind making it because it's super easy. 
 Comes right off with water too. 

I love the way it looks when it dries. This would be a perfect party activity for a birthday or a summer get together for the kids. 








Get caught up!

5 comments :

  1. i love this idea! we will definitely be trying this with Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely saving this idea for when my bambina's older :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I'm not a fan of chalk either and we'll be trying this recipe over the weekend. It's going to be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I need to try this with the little girl I watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too fun! :) Love that it washes right off for more play!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...