Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Back to Basics

I have been thinking about this for awhile. I feel that I have been getting so wrapped up in blogging for other bloggers and less about blogging for myself and my family.

Which was the whole reason I started blogging in the first place, just one year ago.

I never would of imagined that this little blog would blow up like it did. I am grateful, however I feel the direction that it has turned is not the direction I had intended it to go.

I like blogging, its my little 'me time' where I can share my life, with others (or not, that was never really the point) I just wanted to have some running record of my life with my kids. So whenever I got tired and stopped I could save it and have it, and show them that they drove me freaking nuts, on a daily basis.

So I am going back to basics.
I won't be sponsoring any more blogs for awhile. I loved it while it lasted - but I think I am over it. I have met some amazing ladies that I will continue to email with and read their blogs religiously. For that, I am thankful.

I just want to concentrate on my family and my friends, my real life for now. That is when the best inspiration happens - when you're out actually living life.

I have also witnessed a not nice side of blogging. Some think just because they are behind a computer screen, it gives them the right to be mean or say hurtful things. Sometimes this little world feels more like high school - I am so over high school. I have noticed the bigger you get - the more the bullies come out. Some need a few lessons in respect - and maybe class. But I digress.

I plan on blogging for me, if you care what I have to stay - cool. stay. I appreciate it. If you don't that is fine also. I figure I might lose some followers because of this - and that is fine. I don't want you to be here, if you don't want to be.

Thanks Tiffany & Natalie for inspiring this post. I knew in my heart that something just didn't feel right, thanks for giving me the courage to just --say it. (er, write it!)

9 comments :

  1. I friggin LOVE you!! You totally get it too! Why can't everyone else feel the same!? It's just a blog! I'm grateful for my readers yes but we are not in high school anymore so the popularity contest is over!! People are honestly taking this blogging shit way to serious! I'm happy with my decision. I'm glad all those buttons are gone. Now I can focus on my daily visitors and pay them attention. Not the ones who just want followers or a number. Pfffft.

    Love ya!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put mama! I think we will all be a lot happier with our blogs of we are just doing it for us. It's not that I don't love meeting all of the bloggers that come from it. But it isn't why I started blogging. I am looking forward to loving to blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had this same revelation and response months ago and blogged about it: http://bishopsfamilysite.blogspot.com/2012/05/beauty-and-danger-of-blogging.html

    enjoy blogging for you!

    ever since i started doing this for me again I started having fun again and not caring about the blogging world and the followers and the recognition. none of that really matters anyways, right! :)

    blessings to you!
    janiene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back! I haven't kept up with much while on maternity leave but I would see a ton of Sponsor Spotlight posts and I never read them...I was more interested in reading about you and your life and boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I really like it; I'll definitely be sticking around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand what you are talking about. I am stopping by from Naptime Review and am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Struggling with some of the same issues :) I love just getting to know people through their blogs, love it when we get to be ourselves and are "real." Do what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl this blogland can get so consuming. I am so happy to have met some awesome awesome ladies including YOU in this experience but i try all the time to keep things in perspective! It can be really hard though! Love you girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...