Saturday, July 7, 2012

Husband

Hi Husband,

I can't believe it's 5 years today. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was nervous, yet so excited.  I remember the night before I could hardly sleep. The Jessica's kept telling me to go to bed, I just couldn't wait.
That morning seemed to be a blur, I felt like it wasn't real, like I was watching someone else get their hair and make up done.  Then the time came to get ready. The dress, my beautiful dress. I loved it so much. {If it wasn't packaged up all nicely, I'd put it on right now.}


The house was full of people, everyone ready to share our special day with us, the day that we had planned for months. It was finally time. The dress was tied, the shoes were on, the pictures were taken. The limo was waiting. It was go time. We piled in and headed to the church where you were waiting.


They made me wait in the limo for what seemed like forever. I was no longer nervous. I was just so excited, I couldn't wait to see you.


Finally, it was time for me to get out. I walked that short walk from the parking lot to the church doors. I could see the pews full of people, all there for us. Again, it was so surreal. I couldn't see you, I peeked but you were hiding too.

They stuck me in a side room to keep me hidden. I watched the guest come in and sit down, and my girls line up to get ready to walk down the aisle.

Then they told me I could come out. My grandpa and uncle were there. Good thing, because I felt like my feet forgot how to work. The wait took forever. I could see you though the door, waiting with a nervous smile.

Then the doors opened.

I wasn't nervous. Our eyes met and I was safe.
It's been 5 years since that day. Since we professed our love to each other and to God. We have had our ups and downs, that is no secret. However, the good times have far outweighed the bad. I love you more today than I did that day 5 years ago. I never thought that was possible. You have showed me a life I never knew existed and I love everything about it. You are my best friend and I am so blessed to have you by my side.



We have been though so much in our 5 years of marriage, I can't wait to see what the next 5 years hold for us and our sweet little family. Thank you for being there for me, for loving me unconditionally and for giving me this beautiful life.



Love, 
Me   





4 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary! Both of you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Happy anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love your dress, and I remember walking up the aisle and smiling so hard my face hurt!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...