Monday, July 23, 2012

Printable Library Cards with Brighton

Photobucket
Hello Everyone!  It's Brighton from Simple Brighton and I'm guesting on Lindsay's wonderful blog today.  You may remember me from last month's great Kids Craft Week and I'm back to bring you a few of my new printables.
Our local library's summer reading program starts this week and the kiddos and I are all signed up and ready to go.  It's a great program that's half structured and half whatever-you-want-to-read with a Family Night each week too.  I am a huge reader myself and nothing makes me happier than when I see them on their reading couch with a book.  Even the Little Dude is starting to have his own favorites to read at bedtime.
One of my favorite parts of going to the library when I was little was when it was time to check out.  Seeing the librarian stamp each book was so neat (and I wanted my own date stamp so I could play "library" at home).  Everything now is all computerized and we get a nice little "receipt" after we self check-out so I created these printable library cards so the kiddos could still have that feeling of a library card like I did when I was their age.  
Each trip we fill out Trip Log with what books we chose and during the school year we keep track of minutes for their at home reading times.  The What I Thought card is filled out for what books we finished reading. Sometimes we read everything and sometimes we don't and I don't pressure them to read a book if they decide they don't.
For those books that are permanently in your collection, here is a coordinating bookplate too.  
And what's a post about books without a Top Ten list of our favorite books!  Each of these books have spent lots of time on our favorites shelf and have a spot in our home library as well.  My personal favorite is "More Bears" but only because I love saying "More Bears!"

  
    
    
   
    


How cute are these? I use to love getting the little card from the library. Oliver has just discovered the awesomeness of the library and just received his own library card. I can't wait to print these out for him! 

3 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! What an ADORABLE idea! I too, miss the nostalgia of the stamped library card...*sigh* the good old days! Love these printables, and thanks for sharing them with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. following from the Mom's Monday Mingle blog hop! stop by and follow back
    http://lovemybabycakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness don't let the pigeon drive the bus is such a CUTE book I love those ones!!

    new follower via the monday mingle, very nice to meet you !

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...