Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Us.



Saturday was our 5 year wedding anniversary. We made plans to go to the local farmers market that morning. Ryan works every Saturday morning, so we never get to go anymore. There is no way I am carting two children to the farmers market alone. So now I am left to get the produce for twice as much at the grocery store.

I was really looking forward to the trip.

Landon was up all though out the night, so the entire house didn't get much sleep. When I woke up Saturday morning, I woke up to thunder. Pouring rain. Blah.

It wasn't even 8am and I wanted a day do over. This was not how I pictured my 5 year wedding anniversary.

I'm not sure what I pictured, but rain wasn't part of it.

We made the most of it. Ryan hung out with the boys for awhile and let me sleep. It was glorious.
When I woke up I felt better, mother nature must have known because the sun came out.

Everyone's mood shifted and we had a fun afternoon of swimming and playing.

Ryan and I made plans to go out to dinner, we love Carrabba's so we decided to go there. With the boys. I was nervous, considering how the day started, I thought for sure it was going to be a disaster. That we'd end up getting our dinner to go and I wouldn't get a chance to even enjoy my sangria.

They were awesome.

Like abducted by aliens, you aren't my children but I'll keep you anyways, awesome. I have no idea what it was, but both of them were perfect angels.



Oliver even ordered his own meal! Told the waiter exactly what he wanted, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Seriously, watching him hold up his little kiddie menu and 'read' it like an adult. All while trying to pronounce "chwicken figer, peas." Melt my heart.  They brought his meal out right away. The key to keeping a kid happy apparently, is food, so the faster he got his food, the happier he was.

Landon was just enamored by the people. And the fact he got to sit in a highchair - at the table! Big man on campus now. He just looked around and took everything in. We tossed him bits of bread and buttered noodles - he was happy as a clam.

That dinner could not of been more perfect.

We came home, celebrated with glasses of champagne and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Best anniversary ever.


7 comments :

  1. It sounds like it ended up being a great day. We've always brought our kiddos out to dinner with us on our anniversaries and yes, food is the way to keep them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad your day turned around - 5 years is such a milestone! Congrats to you both! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary!! I'm so glad y'all were able to still have a good day, despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary that is so sweet and well when you have kids things have to be amended but they turn out great! It's like they say kids are a blessing and a curse EVERY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!!! :):) You little guys are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated anniversary!! Isn't it great(though usually rare) when you can be pleasantly surprised by the kids' behavior?! I'm glad they were good on your special day! Stopping by from the GFC hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy 5 years! mine is coming up!!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/2012/07/awkward-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...