Monday, August 6, 2012

Homemade Hair Ties.



This DIY is so easy. 

A few months ago I received one of those cute elastic hair ties from Birchbox
I ended up losing it a few days later. 
My friend and I were talking about them the other day and she said she bought some on Etsy. 
I checked them out, but I am cheap and they were kind of asking a lot for some knotted elastic. 

So I made my own. And today, I'm going to show you how to make your own too. 
For pennies. Seriously, it's super easy. 
3 steps. I know y'all can handle that! 


Okay, all you need is 
Fold over elastic. You can get it at your local craft store. Its shimmery on one side and matte on the other. 
A ruler
Scissors
That's it! 


All you are going to do is
1. Measure. I made mine about 9 inches. 
Play around with the measurement - It will depend on how thick your hair is and if you like to wear your hair ties on your wrist. 
2. Fold over the elastic and cut on a diagonal. 
3. Knot that bad boy on the ends. It will have a little tail - its completely up to you if you want to cut it off or leave it. I left mine. 

That's it - thats all it takes to make your own elastic hair ties. 



Linking up to these fabulous parties 

18 comments :

  1. that does look way too easy! How much is it to buy them online? Do they hold your hair really well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i would have assumed those were harder than that...i can totally handle that diy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pinning this! I'm always losing hairties too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, i knew they were probably pretty easy to make but i didn't really think they were THAT easy!! St. Theresa's Craft show here I come haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMYGOD Thank you for this! I was googling how to make these the other day because I wasn't sure what materials were used and all the ones made are too big for me to wear on my wrists so I wanted to make my own! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, this is awesome!! Those ties are so popular right now. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. Do these really keep your hair up? I saw some at Charming Charlie's last week but wasn't sure if they would work or not...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do these hold better than the ones with the rubber stuff you buy at the store, those pop right off my head, they are thinner though

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for being the 300th follower!!! :) and your newest one, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh.. I love these Lindsay! They are so easy to diy.. makes me wonder why people buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you buy the fold-over elastic?! I tried to buy some at Hobby Lobby and they didn't carry any!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new header! Thanks for linking these up at I Freakin did it Friday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hair Extensions, Keratin Tipped, hair store Remy Indian Human Hair,I Tipped, weave Fusion Hair Extensions, Keratin Glue, hair salons Seamless Tape Hair Extensions, Keratin Hair Extensions, European Hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG- I love making these. It really is so easy & I love that I an make them to a custom size for the thickness differences of my hair & my girls. Once I found where to buy the elastic I was thrilled because for what I would pay for them in the store & can make 10 of them & have a huge array of colors to choose from. I love coming across someone that is thinking on the same track as I am - great minds, right??!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I've always wanted to try this out, and your tutorial is so helpful. Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday. I featured you on Facebook and the Monday Funday Pin board :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for your nice posts,go to our cheap hair extensions official shop now.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...