Thursday, August 9, 2012

NECTRESSE™ Sweetener Review

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of NECTRESSE™Sweetener for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

As a mom I feel that it is important for me to learn news ways of keeping my family healthy. It's a major responsibility to make sure that my entire family is eating as healthy as possible. Cutting out sugar and sugary foods has been difficult for us. I have a sweet tooth and apparently my children do too. 

I was happy when I was given the opportunity to try and review Nectresse. At first I was a little nervous. I have tried sweeteners before, and I have found them to be kind of gross. Most have an odd aftertaste that tends to turn me off. However, I am happy to say that Nectresse doesn't leave that weird taste in your mouth. 

NECTRESSE™Sweetener is a no calorie sweetener made from Monk Fruit extract. It is 100% natural and has zero calories per serving. 

Nectresse product family.jpg

Nectresee sweetener is from the makers of Splenda. This sweetener is from Monk Fruit extract . Monk Fruit is a small green melon that grows on lush vines in remote mountain regions in Asia. Deliciously sweet Monk Fruit extract is is combined with the perfect blend of other natural sweeteners to bring you the sweet taste of sugar without all the calories. 

Nectresse product family.jpg

I have been really trying to cut down on the creamer for my morning coffee. For the last few days I have replaced my creamer with NECTRESSE™Sweetener It tastes wonderful. No gritty, yucky aftertaste. Just sweet coffee. Perfect. I also sprinkled some on Oliver's berries in the morning. Oliver seemed to like it just fine and I felt better knowing that I wasn't adding to his daily sugar intake. 

In addition to using NECTRESSE™Sweetener on the berries and in my coffee, I decided to make chocolate chip cookies with it. I followed the recipe on the back of the tollhouse chocolate chip bag, but I replaced the white sugar with 1/4 cup of the sweetener. I didn't want to use too much because it was the first time I had baked with it, I didnt know how it would turn out. The cookies are delicious. You can't even tell the difference. I shared them with my husband and Oliver and both thought they were really good. 

To make your own. You will need

 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda 

1 teaspoon salt 

1 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup NECTRESSE

1/4 cup Brown Sugar 

1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

2 large eggs

2 cups chocolate chips

*nuts optional - I left them out. 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl

3. In another bowl blend butter with sugars and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add dry mix and blend until combined.

4. Mix in chocolate chips. 

5. Drop by rounded spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 

6. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.

 

Lisa Ling, who I absolutely love has spoken on NECTRESSE™Sweetener and how she has used it in her own life. A family history of diabetes has helped her make the decision to regulate her sugar intake. 

Have you tried NECTRESSE™Sweetener yet? What recipe have you used your in. 

If you haven't tried it, you can get a FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener and try it in your favorite recipes. Come back and share. I'd love to know what you thought of it! 

 

 

 

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments :

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...