Friday, August 24, 2012

Stop Hashtag Abuse!

Can we just talk about something real quick? Something that has been annoying the crap out of me for awhile.

The damn hashtag. Ya, know the sign formally known as the pound sign. Yes, it's like Prince.

Except not nearly as cool.

It's really obnoxious to see on Facebook, in blog posts and of course in tweets. It doesn't make you look cool - it makes you look dumb. Like Zubaz.

Source

Just say no!

Please.

I know this is the 'social media' age and whatever, but somethings should just stop. Or there should be some kind of hashtag etiquette.

For example:

1. NO HASHTAGS in blog post. Please, just don't do it. Writing #Coolestdayever does not emphasize how cool it was, it just annoys the crap out of me that I had to read it written like that. Just write coolest day ever - your point will come across just fine.

2. NO HASHTAGS on Facebook. Facebook doesn't even recognize the hashtag so typing it in there, makes you look silly and your status look dumb.

3. Enough with the stupid sayings, on twitter, pinterest whatever. It's not #Epic. with or without a hashtag it's dumb. That is hashtag abuse. Actually if you do use hashtags in your posts, or 20 word hashtags on twitter I unfollow you. It's like that passive aggressive talking like a baby crap. If you have something to say....Just. Say. It.

Please people, I am trying to help you, I am like your Hashtag sponsor here to tell you that you look silly using them and abusing them. I'm not telling you to stop completely, but just take it down a notch.

Source 

11 comments :

  1. #totally know what you mean :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I noticed this a lot the past week and it's been driving me crazy! Sometimes my younger cousins refer to it as "the hashtag" but I play dumb and say "Oh you mean the pound sign." It makes me feel old and mature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I still can't figure out why people make them like a whole sentence. I understand some like for a recipe or something, but I think it's been taken too far to the point where it's annoying.

      Delete
  3. OMG exactly how I feel! I hate the hashtags especially when people #put #a #hashtag #for #every #word. What's the bloody point of that??? The only time I use them is for instagram, and, even then, I don't think I ever use more than three. Blech. Silly internet people. ;]
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahaha. Stop hashtag abuse! I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm certainly not going to sit here while you disparage Zubas. THOSE PANTS WERE COOL AND I LOOKED GREAT IN THEM. :)

    I totally agree about the hashtags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are so funny, can you write a post like this on Ombre and washi tape to please! The only time I like to use them is tracking for giveaway entries other than that they are dumb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha ha ha! I have actually started to think it's incredibly entertaining when people put a million hashtags on their instagram photos. I wonder what the point is. How many people search #squattingbyatreetopee How many more followers will you get for that? REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #sotrue #icouldntagreemore As I started to read I thought to myself that hashtags in 2012 are like the word 'epic' in 2011 and then you use #epic. #mythoughtsexactly

    Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed. People on my Facebook use hash tags and they don't even have twitter. I use the word epic all the time especially when I am making fun of people. But it absolutely has to be said like a teenage girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cracks me up! It took me awhile to figure out what that was all about (I don't use Twitter) and just kept irritating me more and more!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...