Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Day I Met Anthony Bourdain

Was the happiest day of my life. {No that was my wedding} Was the greatest day of my life. {No that was having my children}

Was freaking awesome. Yeah, that's right - it was awesome. 

Please tell me you know who Anthony Bourdain is. If you don't, please read on...and slap yourself for not knowing who this ballsy, brassy hunk of a man is.

So he's on this little show called No Reservations. Basically he goes around the world and tries food and checks out all the fun and interesting things that happen in that specific area.

For example, Buffalo, NY My home.

Some may think, Buffalo? Why the heck would he come to Buffalo?

Well for one, me, I am here and who wouldn't want to hang out with me? Obviously. 

No, we have some fine food here in this little part of the country. Mr. Bourdain and his sidekick Zamir made their way to buffalo in the winter of 2008. The guy showing him around is a local musician, Nelson Starr. He's pretty talented. He showed him around and fed him some local food and then put on a great show at a bar.

We went, drank some beer, listened to some music and secretly stalked Anthony Bourdain and his entourage.


When the concert was over, we were peeing standing in the back ally and the producers for the show came out and asked if we would like to meet him.

Um, hello! Are you kidding me? Of course we would want to meet him. Who wouldn't?
Maybe, Paula Deen - I bet she wouldn't want to meet him in a back ally.

So she said, when they come out scream and yell and cheer for them, we're going to put you in the show.


Say what?

In. The. Show. 

So they came out and we screamed out little hearts out.

He was so nice, and really freaking tall. I'm 5'8'' and had to look up. Ridiculous. He took some pictures, talked about how wonderful Buffalo was, gave some hugs (yeah!) and we went on our merry way.



It was awesome. And being on No Reservations was pretty fun too. So if you ever see the episode of "The Rust Belt" I'm at the end, in a gray coat - jumping up and down like an ass.  


9 comments :

  1. When I had Ryan in my training class, he bragged you were on the show and hugged him and showed me the you tube video haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! I freaking love Anthony Bourdain. I just love his dry, sarcastic humor and how he's always up for anything. Plus, he's definitely handsome in that rugged, edgy kind of way. :) So cool that you met him!!! -Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaa haaa haaa....that's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea !!! I love this blog, so glad I found you!!!! Brand new to blogging and found yours ;) I am your newest follower!


    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! I love him. His Cleveland episode was a bit frustrating - he mocked the Cleveland surfers a bit too much for me - but overall I was just glad he came here at al.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous, I love him and No Reservations...you're so lucky! :)

    http://violetlilacplum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! OMG! OMG! SO freaking AWESOME!!! What is it with bloggers on reality shows????? I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! SO COOL!!! He's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...