Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats


 I am ready for fall. 
It's by far my favorite season 
and after the scorcher of a summer we've had
I am ready for some cooler days. 

Ironically, 
when I made these for Labor Day, 
it was over 90 degrees out. 
In Buffalo, in September 
that is just pretty much crazy. 

I love caramel and apples together. 
I wanted to create a dessert incorporating the two. 
Sure there are cupcakes and cookies
but what about rice krispie treats!? 

I wanted to dress up the original rice krispie treat 
and make it a little more fall friendly. 
And I mean really, who doesn't love rice krispie treats?!


Sure they may look the same....
...but they taste...
amazing!



Ingredients 
1/4 cup butter (use real butter)
4 cups mini marshmallows
5 cups crisp rice cereal
1 packet apple cider mix 
Caramel ice cream topping 

Directions
1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and packet of apple cider mix
stir until melted. 
2. Remove from heat and add in cereal. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Using a buttered (or cooking spray) spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly into a  buttered 9x9 pan. 
(you can use any size pan the original calls for 13x9 - but I like mine fat!)
4. Lightly pour caramel topping over the top of the treats. 
5. Cut into squares when cool. 


Enjoy.

Linking up to these fabulous parties. 

3 comments :

  1. I'm not much of a baker, but I just might try this! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know Linds I am terrible at mixing the cereal and marshmallows. How on earth do you do it without it clumping and sticking to everything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spray the spoon with Pam. It slides right off!

      Delete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...