Monday, September 10, 2012

Halloween Garland with Lights


Did you ever see something and think "I NEED TO CREATE THAT, NAOW!!"

No?  Just me. 
Okay, moving on then. 

When I first saw this ribbon garland from Whitney Caroline Designs, I knew I needed to make that. But I am impatient and didn't want to wait until Christmas, so I came up with a Halloween version. She used ribbon in hers. I set off to Joanns to look for some tulle in some Halloween colors. 
They didn't disappoint. 




All you need to create your own is 
Tulle in your choice of colors. I bought a 1/2 yard of each and I had 5 colors. I still have some extra. 
One strand of Christmas lights. 
Scissors 

Simple right?!


Just cut your strips however long you want them. I didn't even measure - I just went for it. I knew I didn't want them too long. Kids + a dog + cats = a big mess.  They are just long enough to tie in a knot with a little extra at the ends. 



So all you do is, pick the colors you want. I used black, orange and white together and green and purple together. Tie in-between the lights. 
Besides the ridiculous amount of cutting and tying - it's really easy! 

Now, sit back and enjoy your new Spoooooky Halloween garland. 


You could totally make this for every holiday! 

Linking up to these fabulous parties 

7 comments :

  1. Hi, stopping by from the Friday Chaos Blog Hop, i'm your newest follower and absolutely LOVE the blog. This is a brilliant idea for Halloween and something i'll definitely be trying out for myself. I'm new to blogging so would love a follow back? www.littlelovesblog.co.uk Thanks, Vikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about seeing something you absolutely love and can't wait to do it. Lol this turned out so cute!! I need to start decorating soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! OMG! OMG! SO fantastic!!! Totally pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fun!!! Decorating for Halloween is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so looking forward to decorating for Halloween - I have fairy lights up all year round! What a great idea to change them up a bit for the seasons - must do this!

    I would love to invite you to post this over at my link party on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - thanks so much for stopping by. Can't wait to check out your blog!! :)

      Delete
  6. Very cute and different!! Stopping by from Truly Lovely linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...