Friday, September 7, 2012

The Momma Behind Little Mudpies


I thought it would be fun to re-introduce myself. If you've been around for awhile or you're a creeper and went snoopin' in my archives.....(I totally do that by the way!) You may remember this post. I was so nervous to hit publish. It's kind of funny to think about how much life has changed since that first post. I wanted to let you in on a few more things that maybe you didn't know about me.



I'm Lindsay, obviously. I was named after Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac. Yes, I am completely aware that he is a man. My name is always, always spelled wrong. Everyone wants to make the 'A' an 'E'. Half the time I don't even bother correcting them. When I have to say my name on the phone, most of the time the person on the other end thinks I'm saying "Wendy". I don't think they sound alike at all. Maybe it's my voice. It's kind of nasally. Really attractive, I know. Growing up, my dad always called me Helen. It's my middle name. I was named after my maternal great grandmother and paternal grandmother. I use to hate it growing up. Now, I don't mind it.



Before becoming a Momma, I was a teacher. I actually have my degree in early childhood education. My family still calls me 'a teacher'. I wouldn't call myself that anymore, unless you count teaching my kids. I am over that phase of my life. I don't think I'll ever go back to teaching and I'm okay with that. My student loans however, are probably a little upset.



I'm a simple, low maintenance girl. I like make up and getting dressed up, but I am the happiest in yoga pants and a t-shirt. I think it's mainly because I stay home, that dressing up to hang out in the house all day seems like a waste. I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe, so maybe Ryan won't come home and see me in the black yoga pants that I love so very much. I did find a great blog on how to buy specific piece of clothing to work with more than one outfit!



We have two cats and obviously Oatmeal. We have had the cats since we first started dating. We actually had their mother too, but now she lives with my in laws. I gave her away after we brought Oliver home and she started peeing on all of his things. She's happier there, trust me. I made sure she went to a nice home.



I'm a planner. I love lists and writing and crossing things off. However, as much as I love to plan things and get things all set up, I am also a very bad procrastinator. I like to call myself a "Plancrastinator." I love the planning process, but you will find me working my best, days before something is actually due.



Little Mudpies may only be a little over a year old, 
but I have shared some stories near and dear to my heart. 

I'd love for you to share two random facts about yourself in the comments. 
Ready, Go! 






5 comments :

  1. Such a great idea, my middle name was Renee which my father also uses I hated it and when I got married it was the first thing I got rid of. 2. I am a happy person but DO NOT talk to me till I have had a cup of coffee in the morning. After letting the dog out the coffee pot gets my full attention before anyone else.
    I had to laugh I am so the same way with organization/procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Your so cute. I love salty things and do not love chocolate. I love anything with cinnamon... yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. We must've been separated at birth. Hahah! This post cracked me up. Wendy? Honestly?! Haha! I am literally right there with you on all of these. So funny!

    And thanks so much for linking up with us this week! :D

    ♥Nicole @ Me + the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fun Lindsay!!! ;) 1. My name is ALWAYS spelled wrong too... and hear wrong. A lot of people call me Kathy over the phone. 2. I hate seafood. Hate it. ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not big on seafood either - not fond of things that eat poop!

      Delete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...