Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY Glitter Christmas Tree Decor


I'll admit it, I am one of those crazies that gets excited [super early] over the holiday season. Yes, I am fully aware that it is only November, but I love getting a head start on my Christmas decorating. Getting it done early, leaves more time for me to enjoy it, with my family. Making my own decorations is something that brings me joy, and in ways it's my therapy - this DIY Glitter Christmas Tree Decor is one of my faovirtes. 

Landon's birthday party is coming up, so I can't officially decorate until it's over. So in the mean time, I figured I would start making some Christmas decor.





This is a really easy craft, you can totally customize it, change the trees to stars or little light bulbs. Have all red and green, or silver and gold. There is so many different way you can make this. I chose Christmas Trees.



You'll also need some card stock to make your trees and to glue your trees on. Ooops forgot to write it on there. You can see it under the scissors and pen though! :)


I made my stencil, by folding a piece of cardstock in half and drawing a tree shape. I cut it out and then used it to trace my trees onto another sheet of cardstock.






So tell me, do you start decorating early? Or do you wait until a little closer to Christmas?

Linking up to these fabulous parties 

12 comments :

  1. This is so simply yet a lovely way to add your own touch. I love making crafts with my nieces and I think they'd love this :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lucy. If you make them with your nieces - come back and let me know how they turned out!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this and have to share it on Facebook & Twitter! Thank you for coming to Whimsy Wednesday!!!

    Kelly @ Smart! School {House}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute!!! Sparkle at Christmas is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm kind of addicted to glitter!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! So happy I've found this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all for glitter! what a cute idea. I bet my little girl would love "helping" me with this one:) have a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! if you and your little helper make them - I'd love for you to stop back and let me know how it goes!! :)

      Delete
  7. So cute thanks for linking up as always! I usually start the day after Thanksgiving, we have 4 trees!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...