Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dear Motherhood


Motherhood, you have changed me.  You have given me the ability to love someone else more than I love myself. You have showed me what true, unconditional love is, and what it means to be courageous. How pushing though can be one of the hardest things, but the end result is worth more than gold. 

Motherhood, you have brought out a strength in me, I never knew existed. It was there all along. Under the self-doubt and fear. You have showed me a fierceness that the shy, reserved girl from long ago would never believe was there.

Somedays I think of that girl. Young and carefree. Selfish and irresponsible. Oh, how I'd love to tell her how it all turns out. But she will see, eventually. 

I have been tested in ways I never knew possible. I have loved more than I ever though I could, and the amount of love that I love is on a level I never knew existed. 

Motherhood, you have broke me down and saved me. You have made me question every decision I have ever made and left me exposed. You have thrown all my insecurities out on the table and gave me the courage to own them and change them, not only for myself - but for them. Those two little boys, who hang on to my every word and every action. 

You have forced me to face those fears and when I break down and wonder am I strong enough to survive it all, I know deep in my heart that I can answer with a yes. 

Every time I can answer with a yes. 







1 comment :

  1. Such a great post!! Love it. Thank you for sharing and putting into words what I sometimes feel and think. I need to send this to a friend of mine ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...