Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Step by Step: Glitter Christmas Tree Picks


When I first saw these Glittery Tree Picks on Allison's Blog, I knew I needed to make them. I have seen glitter Christmas tree picks in the store, but I never bought them. It wasn't until I found them on her blog that I realized how easy they were to make. 





They are really easy to make. All you need are a few simple supplies and some time. 


Styrofoam balls in two different sizes
Mod Podge
A foam brush
Glitter in your choice colors
Fabric covered floral wire 
Green floral wrap tape (I don't think that's what its really called - but its found in the floral section along with the floral wire) 
tooth picks


Sick the Styrofoam ball on a tooth pick and cover it in Mod Podge. Then cover it in glitter. 
Keep doing this until all the balls are covered. 


Let them dry. Its easier if you sick them in something, like I stuck them in this Styrofoam tree thing. 

In the meantime, get your floral wire and wrap ready. I used three pieces of wire and then wrapped the bottoms together with the wrap tape stuff. 


When everything is dry you can start putting the Styrofoam balls onto the wire. I alternated them by color and size. Three balls on each wire worked perfectly. 


Use the ball on the very top to protect the wire. (so don't push the wire all the way though the top ball) 


As you can see, I have mine in a vase on my window - but Allison did use her in the tree. Both look really pretty. I plan on making more for our Christmas Tree!!  

3 comments :

  1. This is SUCH a cute idea! Love the way they look in the vase. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute Lindsay! I love them in the vase :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...