Sunday, February 17, 2013

{Project 52} Embrace the Moment


Before I move on to this weeks challenge, I wanted to kind of update you on last weeks challenge. My goal was to turn off the computer for a week. I quickly realized that I use my computer a lot and that I had some recipes for our meals saved so I did need to turn it back on and look up somethings. But I kept it simple and I didn't go google 'why do onions make me cry' when I started to get misty eyed cutting the onion for dinner.

The first day was easy. I played with the boys and we watched movies. Hotel Transylvania is hilarious and Oliver loved it so that's all that matters. Things were cleaned during the day and laundry was finished. I did check in at night though, after the boys were in bed and Ryan was at the gym - I spent a small amount of time reading some blogs. However, once he got home, I put the computer away and the phone went on the other side of the room.

I didn't last until Monday, I actually posted on Saturday but I feel different about the computer/Internet now. I am more present in the day to day when I am not playing around on the computer. I seem happier too. Sometimes having all this information thrown at you all at once can become overwhelming. That time away, gave me some perspective that whatever I need to look up, or whoever I need to talk too will be there later.

Alright moving on. This weeks {Project 52} is Embrace the Moment.

I liked this challenge because it forced me to pay attention to the little things that go on daily in our life, and around me.

This particular day, Oliver was very lovey towards Landon. Now, he is generally nice to him (most of the time) but this day he was extra nice. It was the first time that I really saw the love that they have for each other.

A lot of my day is spent explaining to Oliver that Landon is still little and doesn't understand that it's not nice to hit or bite. I've tried telling that it's because he gets excited that he may get a little carried away and end up hitting him or biting him -  kind of like Oatmeal. This day, Oliver reminded Landon of this all on his own.

A few minutes before this picture was taken Landon was being the typical annoying brother to Oliver. He was trying to take that puzzle piece from Oliver and Oliver was getting upset. Then instead of shouting at Landon, he looked at him and said, "Baby, I am playing with the puzzle, but I love you so you can have it!" Yeah, that! I just sat and watched it all unfold. Landon took that puzzle piece, chewed on it for a few minutes and then laid down. Oliver then went over and laid next to him.



I didn't want to move from my spot on the chair but I wanted to get a picture of them laying together. I grabbed my phone and that's when Landon moved his hands. They were holding hands but I didn't get that part.

Taking the time to slow down and really pay attention to everything that is going on around me is important. I want to hold on to these moments and not rush from minute to minute. Everyday the boys change in so ways and I just want to remember everything -- the only way I can do that is to write it down and be present.

2 comments :

  1. I love that our babies share a name ;) Stopping by to say hello and happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliver is such a smart, loving 3 year old. Way to go mommy! You've taught him to tolerate and love :) most 3 yr olds wouldnt give in like that! Such a sweet pic too

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...