Friday, February 22, 2013

{Project 52} Notice the Details


Everyday Oliver plays with his Star Wars guys. He has been collecting these little action figures for months and has yet to get sick of them. Everyday they do something different. One day Chewbacca will be saving Princess Leia from Greedo in the Millennium Falcon. The next day Skywalker and the Storm Troopers are taking over a pirate ship. 

To him. It never gets old. 

I see it daily, I walk around the 'land minds' along the living room floor, careful not to step on anything (ouch!) But I never really stop. I never stop and notice the details of this imaginary play. I mean I see it. I see him and hear him and I will sit and watch him but I never really see it. 

So I have been forcing myself to slow down. It take it all in. To stop looking so much at the bigger picture and start paying attention to the smaller ones. The important ones. 


I am trying to remind myself that this is fun. All of this is fun. Even when it's not. Even when there are toys all over the living room and milk has been spilled for the 3rd time today. Its fun. Even when it doesn't seem like it at the moment. 

I am trying to slow down and take it all in. The way Oliver's face looks when he's concentrating so hard on playing.  How his little bottom lip still gets sucked in and his chin sticks out. The same way it did when he was a baby. 




Landon's cheeks. So chubby and soft. The way that his plump little lips hang open. The roundness of his eyes like brown M&M's. 

Watch it Lindsay. Look. Really look. Because eventually he will look different. Older. He may grow into those cheeks that you love so much. And he will be a boy. Not a baby. 



Watch Oliver play. Really watch him. The way he makes his friends talk. The way they treat each other. How he tries to carefully to get them to stand to protect the Death Star and all the characters who live inside. 

Notice his love for this. His ability to play and imagine. To go to another world where this, to him is the best thing ever. 

When you feel that life is moving a little too fast. That you're trying to balance everything and yet, nothing is going right. When one thing in your life seems to be out of control. Just stop, Stop and pay attention. Notice the details of the life around you. Forget the messy living room or the fact that your children are still in their pajamas at 3 in the afternoon - those things don't matter. At all. 


1 comment :

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...