Monday, February 4, 2013

{Project 52} Unplug


Week 5 of {Project 52} is to unplug.

I will admit I am addicted to the computer. Social media. The whole shebang. I feel almost panicky if I leave home without my phone. Its sad, because honestly there is nothing to miss.

So this one is important to me. It's a challenge. I love my computer and my phone, (most of my friends actually live in it!) but I need to put some distance in between us. Its something that I have really been trying to work on more and more. Especially during the day when the boys are up.

I have noticed when I step away from the computer, things actually get done. It's like a miracle, who would of though, really? The boys are happier too. I love them and I want them to feel important. I want them to know that I value my time with them and you can't really do that when your nose is behind a computer screen, or cell phone.




I want to give them my undivided attention, because I expect that from others - my children (and husband) should get that from me. I want to be a good example to them, that it's okay to not have the tv on, or the computer or the ipad. I need my phone on because it is our only phone in the house - but it's alright for it not to be glued to my hip. Its okay to go to the store without it. We all survived years without cell phones, one little trip to the grocery store isn't going to hurt.

So this week I am shutting it down. I am actually going to turn it off, not just close it. I am going to put it away in the back of the closet and not check it again until next Monday morning. I am going to engage in the days with my kids. I am going to really listen to them and watch what they are doing. I am going to talk with my husband face to face and not be distracted by my facebook feed. We can sit and watch a movie and I will actually watch it and not half watch it, half play around on pinterest.

This week will be full of dancing, and crafting. Planning and parties. Next week I plan to share a secret with all of you - its about a little boy who will be turning 3 very soon.



2 comments :

  1. Good luck!! My husband and I were just talking about how difficult it would be to unplug....I honestly don't know if I could do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a couple of weeks where I moved my computer down to the basement. It's a nice basement, there's a playroom, tv, couch, etc. but we don't go down there much. I got so much done. I still would check in at the end of the day, but since I don't feel at home down there, I didn't stay long.
    I need to do it again. I felt good about it. :)
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...