Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Activity for Kids


I have to be honest, I don't decorate much for Easter. As much as it upsets my grandmother, who is the queen of decorating for every holiday, I just don't care much about Easter decor. I'd rather decorate for spring and keep it up for awhile, than for one day.

That said, the kids like to make crafts and projects, so seeing that it's still snowing here, and I don't feel like carting them out of the door in 20 degree temperatures, while the snow is blowing sideways and both of them are crying because their noses are cold and they want to eat the snow. Can ya tell I've had enough!? I figured a simple Easter activity would be fun. And it helps beat the boredom, even if it was for only 3 minutes and 17 seconds! Yeah, I counted. When I found this fun activity over at Little Wonders' Days I couldn't wait to try it out! 

So, here is what we made on a cold and snowy March day.




We made this while Landon was napping. Craft time with Landon is more like, fighting to keep everything out of his mouth or away from the dog. Sometimes it's just easier to do it when he's sleeping. He does like to watch but again only for a few seconds.

To make these marbleized Easter eggs you'll need

constriction paper/card stock in your choice of colors
foam shaving cream
acrylic paint
knife/toothpick/stick
squeegee or a piece of card stock








...Linking up to these fabulous parties...

1 comment :

  1. Adorable! and you're right..your Grandma is queen of decorating :) PS...looks like you have a peep centerpiece too :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...