Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roasted Cinnamon Chick Peas


I'm still here. Did you think that I packed up and left for good? To be honest, somedays I think about it. But then something draws me back in. I want my kids to know how life was when they were 3 and 1. The problem with that is, they don't give me much time to document anything that is going on in our lives. Demanding little buggers they are.  When I do find the time to write, I find that I don't really want too. Its a weird and dumb cycle. If you're still sticking around, thanks. It really does mean a lot to me to know that people get enjoyment out of reading about our daily life and struggles. 

I'll try to post more. I promise. 

I do have something fun for you today. I figure if I come back I better bring food. Who doesn't enjoy food? 

The boys are pigs. They are eating me out of house and home, I can't imagine what life is going to be like when they are teenagers!! I have been trying to find some creative snack options. The usual graham crackers, animal crackers and even fruit are getting old. 

Thanks to this awesome recipe from Shawn Can Blog, I may have found a new favorite for the kids, and me! 






Cinnamon Chick Peas

1 can chick peas, washed, drained and dried. 
2 tablespoons sugar 
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
1/4 cup honey 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash your chick peas and dry them on a towel. 
2. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together 
3. In a large bowl add the chick peas and honey, cover with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Stir. 
4. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the peas on the cookie sheet. Pour the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top. 
5. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. (I kept mine in for 30 minutes) 




Yes. Yes he does have a cat nose and whiskers on. 3 year olds are strange little creatures. 



4 comments :

  1. Love the cat whiskers, too cute! :)

    Stephanie
    www.violetlilacplum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say no more, this totally looks like something my picky 3 year old would eat. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe. Love seeing your boys enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned a recipe similar to this months ago and told myself I'd try it. It looks like a healthy, yummy snack. When i saw you had it too I tried it. It was an epic fail on my part. I am not sure what i did wrong but it wasn't good. The coating was so soupy that it turned into a burning sugary mess in my stove. and the chick peas were crunchy on the outside but still raw on the inside. Any recommendations? maybe I wasn't patient enough and the peas weren't dry enough. I plan to try again. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total mess in my oven!!! Had to take out after 15 min. due to sugar mess burning and bubbling over my cookie sheet.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments.
If you like my little blog I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. If you leave a comment - make sure you stop back - I will reply to you right here on the blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...