I'm still here. Did you think that I packed up and left for good? To be honest, somedays I think about it. But then something draws me back in. I want my kids to know how life was when they were 3 and 1. The problem with that is, they don't give me much time to document anything that is going on in our lives. Demanding little buggers they are. When I do find the time to write, I find that I don't really want too. Its a weird and dumb cycle. If you're still sticking around, thanks. It really does mean a lot to me to know that people get enjoyment out of reading about our daily life and struggles.
I'll try to post more. I promise.
I do have something fun for you today. I figure if I come back I better bring food. Who doesn't enjoy food?
The boys are pigs. They are eating me out of house and home, I can't imagine what life is going to be like when they are teenagers!! I have been trying to find some creative snack options. The usual graham crackers, animal crackers and even fruit are getting old.
Thanks to this awesome recipe from Shawn Can Blog, I may have found a new favorite for the kids, and me!
Cinnamon Chick Peas
1 can chick peas, washed, drained and dried.
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash your chick peas and dry them on a towel.
2. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together
3. In a large bowl add the chick peas and honey, cover with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Stir.
4. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the peas on the cookie sheet. Pour the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
5. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. (I kept mine in for 30 minutes)
Yes. Yes he does have a cat nose and whiskers on. 3 year olds are strange little creatures.